Investing for the environment
- The fund seeks to increase the value of its assets over the medium term by investing its assets in equities and/or equity equivalent securities issued by companies with at least 20% of their revenues/profits/capital employed in Environmental markets.
- The fund has significant exposure to a single sector and is likely to be subject to a greater concentration risk and higher volatility than a more diversified investment.
- The fund has significant equity exposure. Risks of equity market may include significant fluctuations in prices, negative information about the issuer or market. Fluctuations are often amplified in the short term.
- The management company may at its discretion pay dividends out of the capital of the fund. Payment of dividends out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distributions involving payment of dividends out of the fund’s capital may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share.
- The monthly distribution share classes will continue to distribute monthly dividends in periods when the fund has negative return, which will further reduce the net asset value of the fund.
- Investors should not solely rely on this document to make any investment decision. Please refer to the Hong Kong offering document for further information (including the risk factors) about the fund.
The link between your savings and the environment may not be obvious, yet a sustainable and responsible investment can directly contribute to environmental protection by aiding companies active in this field and still be a profitable way to save.
The environment: now an imperative
Environmental protection is no longer just a priority: it has become imperative.
Environmental protection covers several areas. For example:
- mitigating climate change
- optimising energy resources
- waste management and recycling
- pollution control
- water treatment
- sustainable agriculture
World population growth and the overall increase in living standards make this challenge even more pressing and suggest that industries in the environment sector will enjoy exceptional growth over the long term.
‘Doing better with less’ – a challenge already met by many industries
The search for cleaner sources of energy and the development of more environmentally efficient technologies are requirements in many areas of industry, such as transport, real estate, electronics, packaging, farming and water.
In our view, the companies involved in designing new technologies that boost environmental protection should benefit from significant investment over the next twenty years.
Optimise your savings by investing in environmentally-responsible businesses
Parvest Global Environment is an international equity fund. It invests in companies that are active in the environment sector. These companies also have to comply with the United Nations’ recommendations on social responsibility, environmental responsibility and corporate governance.
The fund benefits from the experience of Impax Asset Management, a BNPP AM partner and one of the world leaders in SRI environmental management.
Parvest Global Environment is suitable for investors looking to optimise their savings over the medium term.